Tuesday May 15th 2012
6:30 to 9pm
20 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020 (at 49th Street bet. 5th & 6th Ave)
Subways: B, D, F, M - Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, Q32
For mobile users.
Christiane Amanpour, global affairs anchor at ABC News, as well as host of AMANPOUR and chief international correspondent for CNN International
Lydia Fenet, Senior Vice-President, Christie's
Buying a Print
Christie’s staff will attempt to execute an absentee bid at the lowest possible price, taking into account the reserve price. Absentee bids submitted on “no reserve” lots will, in the absence of a higher bid, be executed at approximately 50% of the low pre-sale estimate or at the amount of the bid if it is less than 50% of the low pre-sale estimate. The auctioneer may execute absentee bids directly from the rostrum, clearly identifying these as “absentee bids”.
Christie’s offers all absentee and telephone bidding services as a convenience to buyers, but will not be responsible for errors or failures to execute bids.
To place and absentee bid complete and return this form before midnight EST on May 14th 2012.
The auctioneer accepts bids from those present in the saleroom, from telephone bidders, or by absentee written bids left with Christie’s in advance of the auction. The auctioneer may also execute bids on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve. The auctioneer will not specifically identify bids placed on behalf of the seller. Under no circumstances will the auctioneer place any bid on behalf of the seller at or above the reserve.
Opening bids for most pieces will be set at $500.
Buyers are required to remove their property on the same evening immediately at the end of the auction. Christie’s staff will be on hand to assist at the Packing Desk.
Live telephone bids in English during the live auction can be arranged if the capacity of Christie’s pool of staff phone bidders allows. Christie’s offers all absentee and telephone bidding services as a convenience to buyers, but will not be responsible for errors or failures to execute bids.
Please contact Friends of Anton if you wish to arrange a telephone bid.
All bidders must register upon arrival to obtain a paddle and fill in their credit card payment information before bidding in the auction so as to facilitate processing of winning bids. All payment information of non-winning bidders will be destroyed within 48h of the auction.
The reserve is the confidential minimum price the consignor will accept and will not exceed the low pre-sale estimate.
Conditions of Sale
1. All bidders, live or silent, must be registered with a paddle number.
2. Neither Christie’s nor Friends of Anton assumes any risk, liability or responsibility for the authenticity, quality or value of items.
3. Estimate of retail values and descriptions of items have been made based on information provided by donors and are deemed reliable.
4. All items are sold “as is” subject to the conditions and restrictions stipulated by the donors.
5. All auction items and services are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the donors.
6. Purchasers may not request refunds or exchanges from any donor or Friends of Anton.
7. By participating in this auction, each bidder recognizes that neither Christie’s, Friends of Anton or anyone who assists in the conduction of the auction shall be liable for any occurrence resulting from the use of auctioned items and/or services sold.
8. Friends of Anton reserves the right to withdraw any item at any time before the actual sale. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer at the time of sale, all bids are per lot as numbered in the auction catalogue.
1. The Silent Auction will begin at 6:30pm, will be suspended from 7:30pm to 8:29pm and resume at 8:30pm until 9pm. Winners will be announced on the evening of the auction, 15 May 2012.
2. Bidders are expected to abide by stipulations on Silent Auction bid sheets. Bids, which do not match specifications for bidding increments, will be disqualified.
3. All starting bids must be greater than or equal to the minimum bid stated on the bid sheet. Each succeeding bid must exceed the required increment as shown on the bid sheet and be in round dollar amounts.
4. If the successful bidder has left the premises, he/she will be notified within 72h. If the bidder cannot be reached, Friends of Anton will contact the next highest bidder.
1. The Live Auction will begin at 7:30pm EST.
2. The highest bidder for any item shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between Live Auction bidders, the auctioneer shall have the sole and final discretion to determine the successful bidder, or to re-offer and resell the article in question.
3. Before removal from the premises, items must be fully paid.